The LGBTQIA2S+ Resource Program consists of dynamic events and services created to support the needs of the lgbtqia2s+ campus community at Fullerton College. We strive to create a safe space for students to express themselves, connect with each other, and discover their unfolding identities, while prioritizing their mental health and well-being.
Note: Our services are closed December 15, 2023 – January 5, 2024 for the Winter Break. We will return in-person on Monday, January 8, 2024.
Connect with us!
For general inquiries, support, or questions reach out to email@example.com
The LGBTQIA2S+ Resource Program is in the Student Development and Engagement Offices located in Building 500, Room 512-02. For the Spring 2024 semester (January 29 – May 24), we will be open, in-person Monday through Thursday from 8am to 5pm.
LGBTQIA+ Points of Contact
We are here to support Fullerton College’s LGBTQIA2S+ community! Reach out if you are in need of resources, guidance, connection, or a little queer gossip. Your safety and experience on campus (in person or online) are important! Don’t hesitate to reach out if you are feeling lost, unheard, or just want to manifest an event or resource.
Loud & Proud Process Group
Join our LGBTQIA2S+ Resource Program Community Therapist, Yanel Bueno (they/them) for a LGBTQIA2S+ brave space for processing everyday challenges and mental health concerns within the community. These process groups are intended for our student community, and will change thematically throughout the semester. We look forward to seeing and hearing from you. Let’s get loud & proud about our LGBTQIA2S+ intersectional identities and experiences!
Queer Social Mixers
This semester we’re hosting a monthly Queer Social to highlight identities on the LGBTQIA2S+ spectrum during their national awareness week. Join the LGBTQIA2S+ Resource Program Team for an afternoon in exploring identity, honoring representation, and dialoguing as a group to create ongoing community bonds. These programs will shed light on what these labels mean, how they operate in the world, and how we can choose fluidity between them. We’ll serve snacks and drinks, alongside a craft activity unique to each mixer. Join us to explore the LGBTQIA2S+ spectrum in this brave social space! These Queer Social Mixers are intended for a student community
Out of the Closet
Join the LGBTQIA2S+ Resource Program and the Hanger for an afternoon of queer joy!. Join us on November 14 in BLDG 2000, RM 2026 from 11am to 12:30pm to explore The Hanger and their inventory of gender affirming clothing!
Join our LGBTQIA2S+ Discord
Do you Discord? Join the LGBTQIA2S+ Resource Program Discord to text and connect with other students at Fullerton College. *This Discord is reserved for Fullerton College students ONLY*
Follow Our Social Media!
Ariel Gentalen (they/them)
LGBTQIA2S+ Projects Lead
Available Mondays through Thursday
Yanel Bueno (they/them)
LGBTQIA2S+ Community Therapist
Available Tuesday, Wednesday.
LGBTQ+ Advocates Listserv
Our LGBTQ+ listserv features 70+ North Orange County Community College District employees who stay in contact for the purposes of sharing events, resources, and information to support the LGBTQIA2S+ community on our campuses. You can join the listserv by contacting Fullerton College’s LGBTQIA2S+ Professional Expert, Ariel Gentalen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Gender Inclusive Restrooms
A map showing all gender inclusive restroom locations on campus may be found within the Fullerton College campus map.
Descriptions of exact locations below.
- Aquatic Center
- 2 gender inclusive bathrooms located behind the fence towards the shallow end of the pool.
- Building 100: Administration
- 1 gender inclusive bathroom, located in the basement
- Building 400: South Science
- 2 gender inclusive bathroom, 1st floor, enter faculty offices, go all the way to the back, and make a left. They are labeled “staff only” but are available for student use.
- Building 500: Applied Arts
- 2 gender inclusive bathroom on the 2nd floor next to the staircase. Near Room 526
- Building 600: North Science
- 1 gender inclusive bathroom on the 1st floor next to room 612
- Building 1000: Fine Arts Gallery
- 1 gender inclusive restroom on the 1st floor next to Room 1005-P.
- Building 1100: Music
- 1 gender inclusive bathroom located next to room 1115.
- Building 1600: Horticulture Center
- 2 gender inclusive bathrooms in between the red barn classrooms and nursery.
- Building 2100: Sculpture and 3-D Arts
- 1 gender inclusive bathroom located in Room 2110 behind clear tarp room.
- 1 gender inclusive bathroom located in Room 2115.
- Building 2400: Humanities
- 6 total gender inclusive bathrooms with 2 on each floor.
- 2 on the 1st floor by room 126
- 2 on the 2nd floor by room 226
- 2 on the 3rd floor by room 326
- Building 1300: Theatre Arts
- Only accessible to theatre and band students
Chosen/Preferred Name, Gender, and Pronouns
As school approaches, please remember to update your personal information so your professors and peers will see the name and gender you want them to see on Canvas and professors’ rosters! Change your gender, name, and/or pronouns on the student information change form.
Gender identity and chosen name may be used on unofficial records and documents maintained by the District, and in situations where a legal sex and legal name are not required by law or District policy.
For more information, please see our Chosen/Preferred Name, Gender Identity, and Pronouns website: admissions.fullcoll.edu/chosen-name-gender